That's how Mars Hill looked on Friday night, July 12,
when lightening struck. Coupled with the heavy
SART is now facing . . .
Three major problems:
1. The Green (Dressing) Room where actors change needs work because of mold that has grown.
2. The lighting board was "fried" and needs to be replaced.
3. An off-stage television monitor used by actors to see what was happening was destroyed.
How you can please help:
• Come to ScriptFEST, the reading of new plays, this upcoming Friday, November 1, at 7:30 p.m. and/or Saturday, November 2, at both 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Details to follow.
• Attend SART plays in summer, 2014. There will be four world premieres (including one musical).
And perhaps most importantly:
• Make a tax-deductible contribution to SART to help us raise $9,133 we now need before November 25. Your generosity will help purchase some of the equipment that needs to be replaced will also be used to fix-up the Green Room. To make such a contribution, use the button below which says, "click to DONATE ONLINE."
Note: Help SART even more by not using the above link. Rather, write a check (payable to "SART") and mail it directly to: SART, P.O. Box 1720, Mars Hill, NC 28715. That way, SART pays no processing fees on money you graciously donate.
Bill Gregg, SART Producing Artistic Director; and
Blaine Greenfield, SART President, Board of Directors
PS. Make a contribution of $125 or more (before November 2) to get one free ticket to the dinner that will honor the ScriptFEST playwrights on Saturday, November 2, at 5 p.m. Make a contribution of $250 or more (before November 2) to get two free tickets to this dinner. And make a contribution of $500 or more to become a producer of the event.
If you prefer mailing your check, please make your check payable to
SART and mail to: SART, P.O.Box 1720, Mars Hill, NC 28754. Thank you.
Visit us on Facebook!
Southern Appalachian Repertory Theatre
P.O.Box 1720 / 44 College Street
Mars Hill, NC 28754
SART presents the mainstage summer season of productions each year in the historic Owen Theatre on the campus of Mars Hill College, Mars Hill NC.
Owen Theatre is equipped with hearing-impaired assistance devices
and wheelchair designated seating / access.
SART is supported by the North Carolina Arts Council
with funding from the state of North Carolina
and the National Endowment for the Arts,
which believes that a great nation deserves great art.